skip navigation

somewhere

somewhere / projects / an artist's impression

An Artist's Impression

An Island Car Boot Sale

This is an archived text from a car boot sale we held on (or in) the Island MUSH game back in 1999 - when the physical model was on display at the ICA in London. Javelin (who features below) is our collaborator who helped to code the game ...

**********************************************************************
Welcome to the Island, we hope you've enjoyed your journey with us
today, we are glad to report that you will shortly be arriving a few
minutes ahead of schedule. Please make sure you have all your luggage
with you and have your travel documents ready as we are about to dock
at the Island Pier...

Running PennMUSH 1.7.2
Contact: artists@somewhere.org.uk
**********************************************************************
Use create to create a character.
Use connect to connect to your existing character.
Use connect Visitor or Tourist to connect to a guest character.
Use QUIT to logout.
Use the WHO command to see who is currently on the Island.
**********************************************************************

GAME: Nina has connected.
**********************************************************************
*Halloween Car Boot Sale Here Today* 3.00 pm Island Time at the Car Park
near Azure Seas Caravan Park - to arrive there at speed type @tel #444.

**********************************************************************

MAIL: 16 messages in folder 0 [INBOX] (0 unread, 0 cleared).
Fried Food stall(#667an)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see:
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil grins and asks if jav will hold up the
mirror
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin holds it up. "Lovely thing, this."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil screams and gives the wig to Karen
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "suits you"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen tries on a Bride of Frankenstein wig.
You say, "should we anounce the sale officially open then!?"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "a bit scratchy for me"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin starts his log.
You say, "Karen as self appointed Lady Mayoress you might want to say a
word or two?"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "good thinking"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil says, "mm, quite heavy too..."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil listens intently
Nina flips over a bunch of veggie burgers in a deep pool of frying fat
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen laughs
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "Ahem"
Nina wipes her hands on her apron
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "could we have silence for a
moment?"
You say, "maybe step into the carpark?"
>From outside, Neil emerges from Jav's stall.
>From outside, Neil has arrived.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen clears her throat
Nina leaves the fryed food for a minute
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Neil(#314POnACc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "It's a pleasure to be here..."
Joey joins you from the coast.
Joey has arrived.
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "unaccustomed as I am to public speaking...."
You whisper, "karen's just opening the proceedings" to Joey.
Neil laughs
Nina raises her eyes
>From Jav's stall, karen hands her assistant the burger she's carrying
Nina luaghs
Javelin emerges from Jav's stall.
Javelin has arrived.
You whisper, "come out into the car park!" to Karen's Stall.
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "I'd like to welcome you to the islands's
inaugeral Car Boot Sale.."
Joey waves to everybody
You paged karen with 'come out into the car park!'.
Joey has left.
Joey steps into Jav's stall.
Nina cheers wildly
>From Jav's stall, karen looks into the middle distance for inspiration
>From Jav's stall, Joey claps
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "..such an array of interesting items..."
GAME: JoBu has connected.
JoBu has connected.
Javelin . o O ( The Middle Distance -- good name for a bar, or a band )
Nina rushes into the fried food stall flips the burgers and comes back out
Neil waves at Jo
who
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
JoBu (n) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 17s 17s
Nina (F) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 4m 22s 0s
Joey (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 5m 47s 20s
karen (F) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 7m 40s 18s
Neil (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 24m 24s 5s
Javelin (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 1h 9m 14s
6 players connected.
>From Jav's stall, Joey waves back
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "I'm particularly proud of this bargain wig
I've already purchased"
Joey emerges from Jav's stall.
Joey has arrived.
You whisper, "Karen is opening the proceedings" to JoBu.
You say, "try it on try it on"
Nina chants
Joey whoops
Javelin thinks the Mayoress uses the term 'purchase' lightly, as I haven't
been paid. Or maybe this is like Chicago, and I'm supposed to 'do her a
favor'
Nina laughs
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "Well,I'm sure you all want to get back to
your quest for that one CD missing from your Cliff Richard collection, that
plastic colander youve always craved, or perhaps that old toothbrush for
cleaning behind radiators...."
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "I know I am"
@emit the sound of clattering and breaking crockery comes from the fried
food stall
the sound of clattering and breaking crockery comes from the fried food stall
>From Jav's stall, karen says, "So without further ado, I declar this Sale OPEN"
Neil wonders what Nina is up to
>From Jav's stall, karen bows deeply
Nina claps
Javelin Cheers.
Nina wipes grease on her apron
Neil jumps up and down
Nina wipes grease into her hair
>From Jav's stall, karen smiles in a quennly fashion and takes her burger again
Joey has left.
Joey steps into Nina's Stall.
Nina dissappears back to the fried food
enter fried food stall
You step into Fried Food stall
Fried Food stall(#667an)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see:
>From outside, Javelin has left.
>From outside, Javelin steps into Jav's stall.
>From outside, Joey emerges from Nina's Stall.
>From outside, Joey has arrived.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen waves a hanky at her sujects
>From outside, JoBu has left.
>From outside, JoBu steps into Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen comes over all normal again
drop Blue
Blue> Dropped.
Blue steps in from outside.
Blue is wriggling around so much you have to drop her, she lands nimbly but
with a fair thud on the ground.
>From outside, Neil says, "normal ?"
>From outside, Neil has left.
>From outside, Neil steps into Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin gently sets the carboy down.
>From outside, karen emerges from Jav's stall.
>From outside, karen has arrived.
@emit there is a lot of commotion from the fried food stall as Blue escapes
from her basket creating a health and safety hazard
there is a lot of commotion from the fried food stall as Blue escapes from
her basket creating a health and safety hazard
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil says, "mmm, how much for the Fondue
set Karen..."
>From outside, karen has left.
>From outside, karen steps into Karen's Stall.
>From afar, Javelin thinks the stall audible system worked out well - plenty
of chaos. :)
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen says, "Well, howabout 20 pence?"
>From outside, JoBu emerges from Karen's Stall.
>From outside, JoBu has arrived.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil says, "15 ?"
Long distance to Javelin: Nina agrees
>From outside, Joey has left.
>From outside, Joey steps into Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen sucks in her breath
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil haggles
@create hotdog
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen says, "17"
Created: Object #671.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Joey watches with interest
drop hotdog
Dropped.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil hmms
>From outside, Joey emerges from Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil says, "i really do want one..."
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil says, "hmm"
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil says, "okay"
>From outside, You pemit "To enter Fried Food stall, type 'enter Fried Food
stall'" to Joey.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen waits patiently
@desc hotdog = a charred cheap suasage in an even cheaper looking white bap
hotdog/DESCRIBE - Set.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen says, "thanks -it s all yours"
>From afar, Javelin makes a small modifcation to the parent so that we don't
see as many "blah has left/arrived" messages.
look
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil takes Fondue Set.
Fried Food stall(#667an)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see: hotdog, Blue
>From outside, JoBu steps into Nina's Stall.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil wonders why Karen is staring...
@idesc here = You have been lured in by the lovely smell of fried onions
and coffee but on closer inspection the food on offer doesn't look too
great]
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen wonders how to drum up business a bit
Fried Food stall/IDESCRIBE - Set.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil checks his flies aren't undone or
something
@idesc here = You have been lured in by the lovely smell of fried onions
and coffee but on closer inspection the food on offer doesn't look too great
Fried Food stall/IDESCRIBE - Set.
look
Fried Food stall(#667an)
You have been lured in by the lovely smell of fried onions and coffee but
on closer inspection the food on offer doesn't look too great
Within the stall, you see: hotdog, Blue
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen was wondering where youve hidden
the fondue set
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil chuckles
who
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
JoBu (n) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 7m 21s 1m
Nina (F) Fried Food stall (#667an)/The Car Park (# 11m 26s 0s
Joey (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 12m 51s 30s
karen (F) Karen's Stall (#622aen)/The Car Park (#44 14m 44s 16s
Neil (M) Karen's Stall (#622aen)/The Car Park (#44 31m 28s 3s
Javelin (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 1h 16m 1m
6 players connected.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen says, "ooer missus"
get Blue
Blue> You step out.
Blue steps out.
Blue emerges from Fried Food stall.
Blue> Nina
Blue> Today Nina is looking a little harrassed - she's been here since
dawn, laying out her stall and trying to sort out the fryed food area -
she's wearing a blue and white stripped pinny over her jeans and her new
short hair cut is looking a bit odd ...
Blue> Taken.
You struggle to heave Blue back off the floor ...
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Neil wonders if everyone would like to
come round for a fondue after the sale !
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen shuffles her stuff
@create veggie burger
Created: Object #673.
>From outside, Joey steps into Joey's stall.
drop v
Dropped.
>From outside, karen emerges from Karen's Stall.
>From outside, Neil emerges from Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Joey's stall, Joey drops Broken Record Player.
>From outside, Joey emerges from Joey's stall.
>From outside, karen steps into Joey's stall.
drop veggie burger
You don't have that!
>From outside, Joey says, "ooh - business"
@desc veggie burger
No such attribute to reset.
>From outside, Joey steps into Joey's stall.
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen smiles
@desc veggie burger = A rather over cooked Linda Mcartney offering
>From outside, JoBu emerges from Nina's Stall.
veggie burger/DESCRIBE - Set.
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen says, "mmm, kitsch just isnt me
though..."
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
JoBu(#533PenAc)
Neil(#314POnACc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
>From Joey's stall, Joey says, "anything take your fancey from my rather
bare collection of one thing? How about a record player - In perfect
working order."
>From Joey's stall, Joey looks shifty
>From Joey's stall, karen sighs
enter Jav's stall
You step into Jav's stall
Jav's stall(#668aen)
You're inside a small wooden kiosk, wildly decorated with jars, bottles,
cans, glitter, glass, sequins, strips of cloth, and dried flowers. Reggae
music issues from a battered tape player on the floor in the corner.
Within the stall, you see: 5-gallon carboy, Javelin, Mirror, Plastic
scimitar, Fleece vest
>From outside, Neil spots Arthur Daley hanging round Joey's stall
look 5-gallon carbot
I don't see that here.
look 5-gallon carboy
5-gallon carboy(#670n)
A five gallon glass carboy, ideal for fermenting ales, with a cap and some
plastic tubing.
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen says, "mmmmm, no - I don't think so.."
Javelin waves cheerily.
look mirror
Mirror(#613n)
An old hand mirror with a gilt frame and a painted wooden handle. You look
into the mirror and see yourself:
Today Nina is looking a little harrassed - she's been here since dawn,
laying out her stall and trying to sort out the fryed food area - she's
wearing a blue and white stripped pinny over her jeans and her new short
hair cut is looking a bit odd ...
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen admires Arthur Daleys' camel coat
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen says, "always wanted one myself..."
You say, "nice mirror in here"
>From outside, From Joey's stall, Joey says, "go on only 10 pence"
>From outside, Neil steps into Neil's stall.
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen rubs her hands together in the
chilly breeze
>From outside, From Joey's stall, Joey checks for any law around
look fleeca vest
I don't see that here.
look fleece vest
>From outside, JoBu steps into Karen's Stall.
Fleece vest(#666n)
A warm-looking fleece vest, newly made from coarse sheep's wool shorn from
the Island's flock.
>From outside, From Joey's stall, karen says, "nope - you can't tempt me"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil waves scoffs a flap jack
>From outside, karen emerges from Joey's stall.
You say, "did you knit that vest yourself JAv"
Javelin says, "Thank you."
>From outside, karen steps into Fried Food stall.
Javelin says, "No, but I caught the stray sheep and sheared it."
You say, "or did that odd Doctor Knit make it?"
>From outside, Joey emerges from Joey's stall.
>From outside, Joey steps into Neil's stall.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil thought everyone might like to know
that some nutter is having a firework display here... in daylight.. DOH !
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "Come one, anyone for
burgers? Hotdogs?"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "mmm. Flap jack"
Nina is torn between cooking and trying to flog stuff from her stall
Javelin smiles.
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "Nina - Ill man the stall
for a while"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "raisin or chocolate coated Joey ?"
You say, "OK great"
Javelin says, "Did you want to make an offer on the mirror?"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "one Flap Jack please, neil.
They do look rather good."
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen wqorries about shoplifters in
her stall
You say, "mmm"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "..... chocolate, please"
Nina worries that the mirror is too ornate for the tower block
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "ROLL UP ROLL UP!
Guaranteed no French meat involved - in fact no meat at all - in the making
of these products"
Nina gasps at Karen's suggestion
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, JoBu says, ""Karen how much for the
mousemat?""
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey is in danger of dribbling
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
enter Nina's stall
You step into Nina's Stall
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
On closer inspection, you see that there is a really odd mixture of objects
laid out on this stall. The tressel table is covered with two lovely old
table cloths, and the objects are laid out with some artistry ...
Within the stall, you see: Aquilegia clematiflora, floral crockery, box of
make-up, Digitalis Purpurea, Helleborus Orientalis, Euphorbia Amydaloides
Purpurea, Aquilegia Nora Barlow, Euphorbia Cyparissias, Heuchera, smaller
friendship plant, friendship plant, alchemilla mollis
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "ooh 10 pence for the
mousemat I think"
Nina sucks air over her teeth
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, JoBu says, "Will you take 8?"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen slaps a veggieburger onto the grill
Nina fluffs up the leaves on her plants
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "9"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen taps her toes
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, JoBu says, "Done!"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen cheers
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "Neil?"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "help yourself"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "they're stuck to the plate
joey ... hold on"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey winds up the musical box and opens
the lid, and you hear the dance of the sugar plum fairy
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen shifts the onions around
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey laughs
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "should have greased your tin"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen is whisked away by the music
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "i know... i'm not the worlds
best cook tho"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil laughs as karen shuffles to the
musical box
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "ooh, ooh -- I think I must
just have to have that musical box"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen knows what y'all want -
traditional island bubble and squeak
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "I saw it first ....."
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "okay, joey"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "20 p"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey has a possesive look in his eye
>From outside, JoBu emerges from Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen throws some mashed potato and
old cabbage on the grill, with a load of lard
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "mmmmmmmmmmmm"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "corr"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "can i have baked beans too Karen"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "sure"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "20! Daylight robbery. Look
it's chipped here, and its off key"
>From outside, JoBu says, "Do you have any sausages"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "do ya want it or not !!!"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "15. That's my final offer"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil ponders the offer
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen drops Baked Beans.
>From outside, JoBu has disconnected.
GAME: JoBu has disconnected.
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen drops sausage.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "16 ?"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "sausages, beans..."
You say, "could you bring me over a linda Mcartney special KAren - mustard,
tomatoe ketchup, all the trmmings"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Joey says, "alright. Here ya go."
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "sure"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen drops Linda McCartney Special.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil takes musical box.
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
>From Fried Food stall, karen takes Linda McCartney Special.
enter Neil's stall
You step into Neil's stall
Neil's stall(#635aen)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see: Joey, Neil, a plate of delicious looking Flap
Jacks, a peuter tankard, cactus garden, several teracotta pots, and a bag
of Hyacinth bulbs, A jigsaw puzzle, a set of photo developing trays
Neil says, "hi nina"
Neil drops a Clanger.
Nina looks puzzled
Joey says, "cheers Neil. Hi nina"
look A jigsaw puzzle
A jigsaw puzzle(#641n)
A 2000 piece jigsaw showing a map of the world. The box lid mentions that
some of the pieces are missing, mostly around the east coast of America.
Neil takes a Clanger.
Neil grins
>From outside, karen emerges from Fried Food stall.
look Clanger
I don't see that here.
Neil drops a Clanger.
Neil giggles
look Hyacinth bulbs
several teracotta pots, and a bag of Hyacinth bulbs(#639n)
a small note with the pots and bulbs gives you instructions on how to force
bulbs for a beautiful Christmas flower display.
karen steps in from outside.
The Clanger makes a strange whistling noise
Neil roars with laughter
GAME: lizzie has connected.
You say, "could I have the hyacinth bulbs Neil?"
Nina cheers
Neil says, "yeah, sure"
Joey leaves Neil's stall
Neil says, "er, 5p per pot"
Nina gives Neil 40p
who
karen gave you Linda McCartney Special.
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
lizzie (F) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 30s 8s
Nina (F) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 25m 16s 0s
Joey (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 26m 41s 9s
karen (F) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 28m 34s 0s
Neil (M) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 45m 18s 7s
Javelin (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 1h 30m 8m
6 players connected.
karen says, "ok?"
>From outside, lizzie says, "hi nina!""
karen leaves Neil's stall
>From outside, Joey steps into Joey's stall.
Neil gives you 35 Pence.
>From outside, karen gives lizzie a big kiss
Nina rushes up to Lizzie and kisses her on both cheeks
Neil takes several teracotta pots, and a bag of Hyacinth bulbs.
Nina takes off her apron and hands it to Lizzie
Neil gave you several teracotta pots, and a bag of Hyacinth bulbs.
>From outside, karen steps into Karen's Stall.
>From outside, lizzie says, "Ive got lucy and kirsty here too!""
You say, "we're so glad you're here could you mind the fryed food area for
a while"
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen waves at everyone
look lizzie
I don't see that here.
>From outside, lizzie says, ""not in my new coat""
Nina looks at lizzie's coat and takes her point
Neil looks at lizzies new coat
>From outside, lizzie says, "hows it going here, sold blue yet?""
Neil leaves Neil's stall
>From outside, lizzie says, "what do you think neil?""
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, karen is horrified at the suggestion
You say, "no but she is causing a bit of a health and safety hazard"
>From outside, From Joey's stall, Joey drops Note.
>From outside, Joey emerges from Joey's stall.
>From outside, karen emerges from Karen's Stall.
look
Neil's stall(#635aen)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see: a Clanger, a plate of delicious looking Flap
Jacks, a peuter tankard, cactus garden, several teracotta pots, and a bag
of Hyacinth bulbs, A jigsaw puzzle, a set of photo developing trays
karen steps in from outside.
>From outside, lizzie steps into Nina's Stall.
karen says, "how mush for the tankard, Neil?"
get Hyacinth bulbs
Taken.
karen blushes
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Joey(#333PenAc)
Neil(#314POnACc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
Joey says, "gotta go, everybody. Sorry."
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "good typo"
enter Nina's stall
Neil says, "?"
You step into Nina's Stall
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
On closer inspection, you see that there is a really odd mixture of objects
laid out on this stall. The tressel table is covered with two lovely old
table cloths, and the objects are laid out with some artistry ...
Within the stall, you see: lizzie, Aquilegia clematiflora, floral crockery,
box of make-up, Digitalis Purpurea, Helleborus Orientalis, Euphorbia
Amydaloides Purpurea, Aquilegia Nora Barlow, Euphorbia Cyparissias,
Heuchera, smaller friendship plant, friendship plant, alchemilla mollis
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "bye Joey"
>From outside, Neil steps into Neil's stall.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil waves at Joey
You say, "oh Joey"
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Joey(#333PenAc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
enter Joey's stall
You step into Joey's stall
Joey's stall(#661aen)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see: Note, Broken Record Player
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen drums her fingers
look note
Note(#680n)
a hastily scribbled , propped up against the record player reads note
reads: "Sorry - gone for lunch. Back in a while - Have fun everybody Joey."
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "er, it should be 20"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "dont you want my business"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "but to you, 10"
Nina reads Joey's note
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen considers it
>From outside, Joey waves back. Joey looks a bit gutted, but something
unexpected has come up
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen turns the tankard over and noticers
the inscription
Nina waves cheerio
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Joey(#333PenAc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
who
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
lizzie (F) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 4m 38s 54s
Nina (F) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 29m 24s 0s
Joey (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 30m 49s 25s
karen (F) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 32m 42s 12s
Neil (M) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 49m 26s 2s
Javelin (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 1h 34m 12m
6 players connected.
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "Edna and Stan, 1972 Golden Wedding Anniversary"
enter Nina's stall
You step into Nina's Stall
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
On closer inspection, you see that there is a really odd mixture of objects
laid out on this stall. The tressel table is covered with two lovely old
table cloths, and the objects are laid out with some artistry ...
Within the stall, you see: lizzie, Aquilegia clematiflora, floral crockery,
box of make-up, Digitalis Purpurea, Helleborus Orientalis, Euphorbia
Amydaloides Purpurea, Aquilegia Nora Barlow, Euphorbia Cyparissias,
Heuchera, smaller friendship plant, friendship plant, alchemilla mollis
lizzie steps out.
who
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
lizzie (F) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 5m 4s 13s
Nina (F) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 29m 50s 0s
Joey (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 31m 15s 51s
karen (F) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 33m 8s 17s
Neil (M) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 49m 52s 28s
Javelin (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 1h 35m 12m
6 players connected.
>From outside, Joey says, "wave to everybody in turn. Then he disappears in
a puff of smoke. (showoff)"
>From outside, Joey has disconnected.
GAME: Joey has disconnected.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "where did you get this from?!"
>From outside, lizzie steps into Jav's stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin waves cheerily.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "i couldn't read it b4 karen,
thanks"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "have another look"
You say, "lizzie, what is the best thing you ever got at a car boot sale>"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "ok, I'll take it"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil takes a peuter tankard.
You say, "what is the best thing anyone got at a car bootsale before?"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, lizzie says, "towling dresses""
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "cheers"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin doesn't know if he's ever actually
bought anything, just looked, Nina.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "my chanderlier - kind of - it
wa sin Paris though..."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, lizzie says, "what have you bought today
nina?""
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen wonders if Jav's a secret minamilist
really
You say, "Hyacinth bulbs"
>From outside, lizzie emerges from Jav's stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin shouts over to Neil's stall, "Nah,
not really."
You say, "not a lot of interest innmy plants .... I guess all these shop
owners don't have gardens"
lizzie steps in from outside.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "Hey Lizzie, where are you in
real life?"
lizzie says, "cyberia""
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "i could do with something to
brighten up the caravan Nina"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen nods
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin's treehouse has plenty of foliage
already. :)
who
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
lizzie (F) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 8m 36s 29s
Nina (F) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 33m 22s 0s
karen (F) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 36m 40s 15s
Neil (M) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 53m 24s 15s
Javelin (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 1h 38m 11s
5 players connected.
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
>From Neil's stall, karen giggles a litlle
GAME: Tim has connected.
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "sorry"
Neil emerges from Neil's stall
Neil has arrived.
enter Neil's stall
You step into Neil's stall
Neil's stall(#635aen)
You're inside a simple stall.
Within the stall, you see: karen, a Clanger, a plate of delicious looking
Flap Jacks, cactus garden, A jigsaw puzzle, a set of photo developing trays
>From outside, Neil steps into Nina's Stall.
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, Neil says, "what could you recommend Nin ?"
Tim pages: "i just commingover to the boot sale to look at your wears
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, lizzie says, ""
You say, "for the garden Neil?"
Nina whoops at Neil's arrival
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, Neil says, "no, for the kitchen or lounge
in the caravan"
You whisper, "how can one tell with her!?" to karen.
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, lizzie says, ""How much for the floral
crockery, nina?""
You say, "ahh Neil ..."
You sense: karen nods
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, Neil says, "mmm, not so keen on the design..."
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, lizzie says, "whats the pet count neil?""
Nina goes back to her stall
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
enter Nina's stall
You step into Nina's Stall
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
On closer inspection, you see that there is a really odd mixture of objects
laid out on this stall. The tressel table is covered with two lovely old
table cloths, and the objects are laid out with some artistry ...
Within the stall, you see: Neil, lizzie, Aquilegia clematiflora, floral
crockery, box of make-up, Digitalis Purpurea, Helleborus Orientalis,
Euphorbia Amydaloides Purpurea, Aquilegia Nora Barlow, Euphorbia
Cyparissias, Heuchera, smaller friendship plant, friendship plant,
alchemilla mollis
lizzie says, "whats tim doing in douglas park?""
You say, "well Neil for your indoors plant I do have these very nice ones ..."
Neil says, "how about the friendship plant ?"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "ooh, how much for the
Clanger,Neil"
Nina points to the friendship plants
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin drops A set of duplicate boards.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen fingers the lovely yarn
Nina insists in giving Neil a friendship plant
Neil says, "oh, its not really for sale - its my goodluck mascot.."
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "I thin k Tims strolling over"
Neil says, "oh thanks Nina"
give Neil friendship plant
Give to whom?
Neil says, "how much"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "wil you take 20 pence?"
give friendship plant = Neil
You don't have that!
Neil says, "oh,"
get friendship plant
Taken.
>From outside, Tim joins you.
Neil looks heartbroken
give friendship plant = Neil
You don't have that!
drop friendship plant
Dropped.
>From outside, Tim says, "hello , have I missed any bargins"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen ponders ethics
lizzie
lizzie
Neil says, "i've had Major Clanger for nearly 25 years !"
You say, "sorry Neil I'm trying to give you the plant"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen waves at Tim
who
Name Sex Location On For Idle
---------------- --- ------------------------------------------ ------- ----
Tim (M) The Car Park (#444RntJ) 4m 12s 8s
lizzie (F) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 12m 57s 6s
Nina (F) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 37m 43s 0s
karen (F) Neil's stall (#635aen)/The Car Park (#444 41m 1s 8s
Neil (M) Nina's Stall (#589aen)/The Car Park (#444 57m 45s 15s
Javelin (M) Jav's stall (#668aen)/The Car Park (#444R 1h 42m 26s
6 players connected.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "I may have a record that
might appeal, Tim"leave

Neil says, "s'okay - its all a bit buy innit"
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Tim(#82PenAc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
Tim waves to everyone
>From Nina's Stall, Neil says, "busy even""
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "a deal then?!"
>From Nina's Stall, lizzie wave back
Neil emerges from Nina's Stall.
Neil has arrived.
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "go on"
Neil has left.
Neil steps into Neil's stall.
>From Neil's stall, karen tugs Neil's arm
>From Neil's stall, Neil looks all miffed
You say, "we're all a bit dissappointed you don't have a record stall ... tim"
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "I'll give him a good home"
>From Neil's stall, Neil wonders if he could knit another one quicly
You say, "KAren leave Neil alone!"
>From Jav's stall, Javelin sets down the vt102 terminal, and straightens up,
rubbing his back.
>From Neil's stall, Neil says, "i'm surew"
>From Neil's stall, karen looks dubious
>From Neil's stall, Neil says, "oh, okay then"
>From Nina's Stall, lizzie look neil
>From Neil's stall, Neil takes a Clanger.
Tim has left.
Tim steps into Nina's Stall.
>From Neil's stall, karen says, "thanks - Ive always wanted one"
>From Neil's stall, Neil hugs the clanger
>From Jav's stall, Javelin pops out his tape, and plays the back side.
>From Neil's stall, Neil looks mortified
>From Neil's stall, Neil listens
enter Nina's stall
You step into Nina's Stall
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
On closer inspection, you see that there is a really odd mixture of objects
laid out on this stall. The tressel table is covered with two lovely old
table cloths, and the objects are laid out with some artistry ...
Within the stall, you see: Tim, friendship plant, lizzie, Aquilegia
clematiflora, floral crockery, box of make-up, Digitalis Purpurea,
Helleborus Orientalis, Euphorbia Amydaloides Purpurea, Aquilegia Nora
Barlow, Euphorbia Cyparissias, Heuchera, smaller friendship plant,
alchemilla mollis
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "oooooo"
Tim says, "blimey nina, theses all look a bit complicated"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "hope you like it"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "I knitted it myself"
Tim says, "anything in English"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "thanks - oh, neat"
You say, "yes you can look more closely at the plants etc"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil says, "anybody want a jigsaw"
You whisper, "type look then the name" to Tim.
lizzie steps out.
Tim says, "ive done that"
>From outside, lizzie steps into Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, karen says, "only if theyve minor royals
on them..."
>From outside, karen emerges from Neil's stall
Tim steps out.
drop Blue
Blue> Dropped.
Blue steps into Nina's Stall.
Blue steps in from outside.
Blue is wriggling around so much you have to drop her, she lands nimbly but
with a fair thud on the ground.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil drops Tinker, the black cat.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, lizzie says, "ke"
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, lizzie says, "kas"
>From outside, Neil emerges from Neil's stall
>From outside, karen steps into Fried Food stall.
>From outside, Tim steps into Karen's Stall.
Nina tries to get Blue to sit quietly under her stall
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, lizzie says, "karen, how much for the
felt picture?""
leave
You step out.
Blue> Nina steps out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Neil(#314POnACc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
>From Jav's stall, Javelin puts down a backscratcher.
Neil has left.
Neil steps into Nina's Stall.
Blue> Neil steps in from outside.
>From Fried Food stall, karen says, "ooh, its popular, that.."
enter Jav's stall
You step into Jav's stall
Jav's stall(#668aen)
You're inside a small wooden kiosk, wildly decorated with jars, bottles,
cans, glitter, glass, sequins, strips of cloth, and dried flowers. Reggae
music issues from a battered tape player on the floor in the corner.
Within the stall, you see: Backscratcher, VT102 terminal, A set of
duplicate boards, 5-gallon carboy, Javelin, Mirror, Plastic scimitar,
Fleece vest
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "25 pence?"
Javelin waves.
look plastic scimitar
Plastic scimitar(#665n)
An 18-inch long curved scimitar of plastic, probably once part of someone's
Halloween costume. It's still in very good condition, though the hilt
wobbles a bit.
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen looks ruthless
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Tim says, "I was looking at that lizzie"
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "fight!fight!"
Blue> Neil steps out.
>From outside, Neil emerges from Nina's Stall.
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, lizzie says, "startled tim?""
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Tim tries to grab the felt picture
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "someone asked to buy it
at 12 today..."
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Tim fails
Nina examines the halloween scimitar and considers using it on trick or
treaters calling at the tower block
>From outside, lizzie emerges from Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "Not tempted Lizzie"
>From outside, lizzie steps into Karen's Stall.
>From outside, From Fried Food stall, karen says, "?"
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Tim says, "i think i need to get my
elbows out a bit further"
Javelin nods. "It's also good for Valentine's Day if you don't get what you
want."
You say, "lizzie already has a huge collection of biblical themed suedographs!"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Tinker, the cat runs off and hides - he's
not keen on dogs
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, lizzie says, "you can have the
sleevesless record tim, fuzzy felts mine""
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, Tim says, "ok brilliant. thanks"
>From outside, From Karen's Stall, lizzie says, "I should have broughht them
along""
Nina goes over to see what all the attention is about on K's stall
Javelin says, "Suedographs? Are those velvet pictures?"
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Tinker, the cat runs off and hides - he's
not keen on dogs
leave
You step out.
The Car Park(#444RntJ)
Two beech trees flank the entrance to the Azure Seas Caravan and Camping
Park, and around them are some carefully tended beds of marigolds, these
are wilting slightly due to a recent frost though and this morning they
rather suffered as people tramped in at dawn carrying all the gear for the
car boot sale ... Now the car park is busy with activity, just by the
entrance is a fryed food stall, the smell of frying onions from here
pervades the atmosphere ... behind this there are rows of cheap tressel
tables that make up the crazy selection of stalls ... to look more closely
at the objects on offer type enter and then the stall name of your choice
... to leave, just type leave and the stall name.
Contents:
Neil(#314POnACc)
Jav's stall(#668aen)
Fried Food stall(#667an)
Joey's stall(#661aen)
Neil's stall(#635aen)
Nina's Stall(#589aen)
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
Obvious exits:
North West (NW) leads to The Footpath to the Caravan Park.
South (S) leads to The Coastal Road.
>From Jav's stall, Javelin has never seen a biblical one - only bulls and Elvis.
enter Karen's stall
You step into Karen's Stall
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
An array of bizarre and mundane items tempt you.
Within the stall, you see: lizzie, Tim, Mouse Mat, Drinking Glass, Old
Sheet with Bulky Object Inside, Record in Mint Condition, Sleeveless
record, Castaway, Superplonk 1990, Glass Eye, Toupee, Plastic Object, Felt
Picture, Jar of Home-Made Pickled Onions
Tim is finding it hard to keep up
You say, "bull?!"
Neil steps in from outside.
look felt picture
Felt Picture(#624n)
A framed alpine scene hand-sewn from brightly coloured felt. You
particularly admire the waterfall and cloud, cunningly rendered from a few
deft stitches.
lizzie says, "velvety pictures of jesus slaughtering little lambs javelin""
lizzie says, "elvis!!!!!!!!!!!!!""
You whisper, "steady liz" to lizzie.
lizzie says, "in fuzzy felt""
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin hehs.
Tim steps out.
>From outside, Tim steps into Jav's stall.
look plastic object
Plastic Object(#625n)
You can't identify what this small blue thing is for, but it looks useful.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin grins broadly. "Hiya, Tim!"
Neil steps out.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "hello there"
look old sheet
Old Sheet with Bulky Object Inside(#656n)
A dusty old bedsheet with something angular and large inside. You peek in -
its a crystal chandelier! It's old and dusty but will clean up beautifully.
lizzie steps out.
look lizzie
I don't see that here.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "what sizeis the back scratcher"
>From outside, Neil steps into Jav's stall.
Nina looks worried
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin says, "IT's about two feet long"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "one size fits all then"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil says, "jav, how much for the VT102 ?"
>From outside, karen emerges from Fried Food stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "how much?"
>From outside, karen steps into Jav's stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin nods. "It's missing a keyboard,
Neil, so make me an offer. For the backscratcher, Tim? 10p?"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "seems like a fair price"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin waves offhandedly at karen, intent
on his transactions.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil says, "er, 15p - i collect old gear -
whether it works or not !"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin says, "It's yours, then."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "all the action is in here.."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "thankyou"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "whats a carboy?!"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin says, "Oh, it works, Neil, but it
needs a keyboard. I don't know if I could let it go for less than 30p,
though."
look
Karen's Stall(#622aen)
An array of bizarre and mundane items tempt you.
Within the stall, you see: Mouse Mat, Drinking Glass, Old Sheet with Bulky
Object Inside, Record in Mint Condition, Sleeveless record, Castaway,
Superplonk 1990, Glass Eye, Toupee, Plastic Object, Felt Picture, Jar of
Home-Made Pickled Onions
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim says, "do i take it then jav"
>From outside, lizzie steps into Nina's Stall.
Blue> lizzie steps in from outside.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil says, "really, oh okay, 30 it is"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "nice decor"
look glass eye
Glass Eye(#627n)
A pleasantly heavy ball of glass, beautifully inset with a blue iris
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin says, "A carboy is a large glass
bottle, often used to hold water in water coolers, but the cognoscenti use
it for the more noble and glorious purpose of fermentation."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil says, "i may have a keyboard that will
fit..."
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen nods
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil hefts the vt102, straining with the
effort.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin nods to Neil. It's yours, then. CAn
you get it alone?
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "thay turn up a lot don't they?"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Neil says, "thanks, i'll lug it off to the
caravan"
GAME: JoBu has connected.
>From outside, JoBu has connected.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin says, "carboys? or vt102's?"
>From outside, Neil emerges from Jav's stall.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "carboys!"
>From outside, Neil makes for the Car Park's exit.
Blue> lizzie pick up helleborus
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, lizzie pick up helleborus
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin grins at Karen and nods. I think I
have 3 in the house now.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen fongers the Fleece vest
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "oops"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin is shocked to see you fongering
anything.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen fingers the Fleece vest
Blue> lizzie drops helleborus
>From outside, From Nina's Stall, lizzie drops helleborus
>From outside, JoBu says, "Hi I'm back and I've brought Maurice with me"
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin thinks you know the stray sheep who
contributed to this vest, karen.
>From outside, Neil joins you from the coast.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen nods
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "indeed"
Blue> lizzie steps out.
>From outside, lizzie emerges from Nina's Stall.
>From outside, JoBu steps into Nina's Stall.
Blue> JoBu steps in from outside.
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Tim has disconnected.
GAME: Tim has disconnected.
>From outside, Neil steps into Neil's stall.
>From outside, From Neil's stall, Neil calls Tinker
>From outside, lizzie says, "nina?!""
>From outside, Neil emerges from Neil's stall
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen clears her throat
>From outside, From Jav's stall, karen says, "Can I just annouce as mayoress..."
Nina bangs her frying pan ...
>From outside, From Jav's stall, Javelin picks up the backscratcher and
tries it out. A look of intense pleasur